Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Re-entry isn't easy

Yesterday was a hard day at school.  My body felt the stress through the night.  I was restless and had lots of weird dreams including:  I was dying and I got to pick the scented air to have enveloping my casket.  I woke up a lot from the dreams and after that I thought, "That was funny.  I hope I remember that so I can tell Adam."

My new seating chart was a fail.  Every new seating chart is like you're going to the pantry looking for new ingredients but you have the same old stuff and you try it out in a new combination.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Some students were cranky and mostly they were chatty.  When I told one boy to stop talking for the millionth time, he said, "We've been apart for two weeks!  We missed each other."

Well, then, by all means....

My email inbox was flooded by everyone's urgent priorities.

My classroom was 57 degrees when I got there in the morning.  The heat ran all day, trying it's best and then shut off at 4:00 PM like usual.  It only got up to 66.  I still had miles to go and when the heat shut off, it only added to my angst.  Cold. All. Day.

I am getting a new student today.  I spent a long time after school yesterday with the special ed. teacher, poring over a 39 page (!) IEP.  I had to gather all the things and label and figure out who to sit the new student by.  (Hey a new ingredient!)

I rearranged all the seats and tried to tidy up and my car was the last one in the parking lot.  That always depresses me.

When I got home, there was a kind note and a treat on my doorstep from my friend Bonnie.  It made me tear up because she reminded me I wasn't just a flailing teacher.  There are other aspects of my life.

We went to IKEA for furniture shopping and the like for Emma and lots of stuff was out of stock.  The pandemic....just keeps being delightful.

Here's to trying another day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Mrs. Davis. You are a shining star!

Love you,
Olivia

Marianne said...

I agree with Unknown!

Mark Dahl said...

I agree with Unknown too. We have power back! after not having it for about 7 hours. Clover Valley still doesn't have it I guess. Hope today is better dear Thelma.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails