Pages

Friday, January 21, 2022

Grateful Friday

Yesterday was all the things.  All the normal 3rd grade things.  One girl wanted to draw instead of Lexia, I said, "No."  

She said, "I'll just keep saying please until you let me."  

I said, "OK.  Just do it softly."

So she did.  It was almost imperceptible, but she kept this chorus of "please please please" until she eventually gave up.

A student attempted to spit out the cheese he was eating into the garbage because "it wasn't good."  He missed.  Guess what also isn't good?  Chewed up cheese all over the wall and floor of my classroom.

Another teacher emailed me that 3rd grade girls were yelling at each other and throwing toilet paper at each other in the bathroom.

Man.

After school, I was sitting at my desk and going over some test scores and feeling a little downtrodden by those who didn't do as well as I'd hoped.

I felt a little (or a lot) anxious about Covid and our ability to stay in school.

There was a knock on the window behind me.

I turned around and there were two smiling girls.  One of my students this year and one from last year.  They waved enthusiastically, yelling, "Hi Mrs. Davis!"

It's worth it.  I'm grateful for so many reminders that it is worth it.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails