Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Sigh

Yesterday started with some sad news that my uncle Ray had passed away.  I will always remember him for his good cheer and kindness.  He had a lot of pizzazz, always.  He will be missed.   I had lots (and lots) of family texts about Ray and about everyone's health and I was distracted and fidgety all day.

I went to the school for several hours.  I met with my team and corresponded with parents and came home still distracted and fidgety.

I asked Nola if she wanted to take a walk.  She was leaving for Costco, but invited me to come.

That's sort of a walk.

I came home and had a three hour long telephone conversation with Janet.  (I zipped through laundry, dishes and meal prep with Janet in my earbuds.) We hadn't talked since August and it was restorative to my soul.  Adam got home while I was still on the phone and after I got off, he said, "I haven't heard you laugh like that for a long time."

It was Janet.

I miss that girl.

I was immensely cheered by the conversation, then a reminder (it happens often) of my folly came crashing down.

Before Liberty's wedding, I lost my temple recommend.  I had my old recommend, it said it expired in 2021 on it, but I didn't have my new one.  I thought I must have accidentally thrown it away before folding it up and putting it in the little plastic case.  I was so frustrated at myself for losing it and I felt like it was a moral failing that I didn't keep better track of something I value.

I tore my office apart looking for it.  I tore my closet apart and I looked in every drawer, even the ones that didn't make sense.  It was gone.

Slowed down by my Covid scare, I just had the final interview last night.  I went to the stake center and carefully brought home the new recommend.  I immediately went to put it in the little case and stow it for safe keeping.  I was not losing another recommend!

On closer inspection, my recommend was issued in 2021, not expired in 2021.  Furthermore, I have used that new one, but I just forgot.

I felt so dumb!

What can you do?  I guess just keep trying....


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails