Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Upswing

Yesterday I got to my classroom and it was a toasty 58 degrees.  Miserable.

Riley, the intrepid head custodian, came in with a temperature gauge he held up and studied closely.  I took that as a sign that maybe something would be done.

After awhile, the heat came on in earnest.  The temperature started rising and I started shedding layers (I had gone prepared).  Soon it arrived at 72 degrees and there it remained.  I texted Fam-a-lam, "Since I left Plumtree, back in Tennessee, it's the first time I've been warm."

It was marvelous.

The seating chart worked better.  I effectively isolated a few problem areas.  

The new student is so far so good.  I know there's a honeymoon period but I will be grateful as long as it lasts.

I picked a book of animal jokes from my mom's bingo prize bins.  It's a hit.  One student had one for me:

What do frogs drink?

Croak-a-cola

Third grade is where I want to be. Besides darling students, I have good friends, a spinning chair and really good pens.  

What's not to love?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails