Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Mask life

There are two types of people in the world:  those who can sew masks and the rest of us.

I went to a doctor appointment yesterday (for the recurring and persistent cyst on my wrist that has resisted less invasive efforts--trying to see how many -ist sounds I can use in a sentence).  I am going to have surgery, in June.

Anyway, I had to wear a mask for the appointment and I took a picture of myself in the exam room in honor of the occasion.


Let's not talk about my hair because it does what it wants (sort of like my cyst).

Before the appointment, I asked Emma for a bandana.  She produced this one and said she had taken it to multiple Girls' Camps.  She said, "It definitely went in the lake a few times and I don't think I ever washed it."

It felt bizarre to wear a mask even though every other person I saw at the hospital had one as well.  I felt like I couldn't breathe (maybe that was part of lake residue).

Life is strange.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails