Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Spring break

Months ago I had one friend who was flying to Maine for spring break, another who was flying to Texas.  The Porters were going to Boston and the Schelins were going to California and we were staying home.  To get our kitchen cabinets painted.

Now we are the only ones whose plans didn't fall through.

Yesterday I got ready and this is the entire contents of our kitchen:


Happily I found some enormous empty boxes in the garage.

I'm excited to have the cabinets painted.  My dad said I should be drawn and quartered for painting the wood.

I'm sure he meant it in the nicest possible way....

Clearing out the kitchen reminded me of how much I hate moving.  I'm glad I'm not moving and it was only one room.  I also happily got rid of some stuff, which was clearly necessary.

Emma and Mark were my helpers.  They are at that golden age where they are willing and actually helpful.  Kids go through all the stages of willing but not helpful, then helpful but not willing.  We have made it to the other side!

After lunch, I said I was going to take a break and go read my book for 20 minutes.  Emma said, "Catch your dreams, girl."

I love having Emma home.

Last night was my pick and we watched the new Emma movie.  I loved it.  I love lots of versions of Jane Austen movies because they let you savor different parts.  Mark liked it, although he didn't think he would.  I maintain you don't have to be a girl to like Jane Austen; you just have to be smart and like smart things.

My last movie pick was Sleepless in Seattle and Mark liked it also, to his surprise.

The quarantine beat goes on.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails