Pages

Monday, April 6, 2020

Wonderful weekend

As promised Emma came home.  I think to say she moved home would be overstating it.  She brought very little.

Just the necessities.  A few clothes and her guitar.



I love that multiple times a day she sits down at the piano and plays and sings.  I love hearing her and Mark talking and laughing in the other room or around the dinner table.  I don't know who's happiest to have her back, but it may be Mark.

Every night someone gets to pick the entertainment and she picked watching the new Pixar movie, Onward, even though she had already seen it.  She and I both cried.  We all loved it.

Other than that, we ate good food (my sourdough bread experiment was a success!) and watched General Conference.

I don't have words to describe it.  I always love General Conference.  It is always encouraging and uplifting and wonderful.  This was all that and more.  I think the upheaval in the world made me extra attentive.  Also, I loved the solemn assembly we participated in and the new proclamation regarding the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  We wiped our tears and hugged for the sheer joy of it all.  Emma said, "Wait, I've got to see if Mark is crying."

He wasn't.

He has ice water in his veins while the rest of us just cry.

Prior to the conference, President Nelson asked us to consider what our lives would be like without the Restoration.  Even with a tolerably good imagination, I can't picture it.  Because of the Restoration, I am sealed to my family in the temple.  We will be together forever.  Because of the Restoration, I can learn more about Jesus Christ from the Book of Mormon.  Also, I can learn more about repentance and faith and obedience.  Because of the Restoration, we have living prophets to follow.  It brings me unparalleled peace to hear from them.  The entire coronavirus fiasco reaffirms in my mind that President Nelson is a prophet.  For years, our prophets have been warning us to be self reliant and prepared and then there was no food at the grocery store for awhile.  Young men are being ordained earlier to the Aaronic Priesthood and now they are administering and passing the sacrament in their homes.  We were provided a framework and curriculum for Gospel study at home and now we can't go to church.  It goes on and on but it adds up to me feeling reassured.  God is at the helm.

1 comment:

Geri said...

We are blessed and by looking back we see the wisdom of the things the Prophet and thereby the Lord has asked us to do. Loved your testimony.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails