Pages

Monday, April 20, 2020

Weekend mixed bag

Saturday was a lovely day and Sunday lasted about two weeks.

Saturday was Anna's birthday.  We got burgers and had a picnic in a park.  It was mostly warm enough because the sun was shining.

Mark wrote on her card:  You're the best thing to happen to this family since I was born.

We laughed at him and he challenged us, "Name something better?"

We couldn't.  So he's correct.

We adore Anna.

I made chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter cups inside.  The breeziness of the day made it hard to light a candle on Anna's cupcake.  We held a fortress up to block the wind.  Mark tried to light the candle with no success.  Braeden tried.  Then Anna tried.  She was successful!  I moved the lid I was holding to look and the candle immediately went out.

I'm like Amelia Bedelia.  Bumbling along and messing things up but then the cupcakes were really good.  She always delivers with a good dessert.

We had a nice visit and I love these kids.

Braeden is sporting what he and Anna are calling a quarantine haircut.  I said give it two weeks.
Sunday we were planning to take a drive into the west desert to Fish Springs which is a wildlife refuge.  We had sandwiches and snacks ready to go.

Then I woke up with a throwing up want to die migraine so we didn't go.  (I told them they could go without me but they didn't.) I haven't had a day like that for over a year and I haven't missed it.

I mostly stayed in my red chair, trying not to die.  It was a miserable day.

In the late afternoon I rallied and we played rummikub and had the sacrament.  I even ate some dinner.

Migraines don't last forever.  Neither do quarantines, right?

Right?


1 comment:

Olivia said...

So sorry about your migraine! Are you feeling better now? I hope so!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails