Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Strange times

We are doing all sorts of unusual things.

I taught Mark how to make white sauce.  I realized almost all his favorite foods start with white sauce.

I have sourdough starter on my counter.  It's a grand experiment.  Every day I feed it and stir it and hope it ends up delicious.

I ordered Adam a Christmas gift at 3:00 AM when I couldn't sleep.  I know, I know, he's not really a gift person.  But he will like this gift.  (I always think that.)

I also know it's not strictly time for Christmas shopping.  I know.

We went to a park to play frisbee for our "five o'clock active hour."  I made up a game of frisbee baseball that didn't work at all.  Adam could see from the beginning it wasn't going to work, but he humored me.  Mark said, "This reminds me of when we played balloon badminton (I think that was also my idea)."

I felt uneasy about Emma being gone and just wanted her to move home.  Her roommates have moved home (and their home is about two blocks from ours).  Even for Emma, living alone when you don't even go somewhere and see another human felt too isolating.

I texted her and she didn't seem to want to budge.  We texted back and forth.  She likes her independence and ever since she was one year old and would purposefully switch her shoes to the wrong feet because she could, she does what she wants.

Then she texted she would probably move home this weekend.  Just like that.  She does what she wants.  But we'll be happy to have her.  Like I told her, our matazz needs her razz.

We played Psyche over the phone with her and then we were going to play Quiplash.  Braeden texted and I told him we were playing.  He joined too. (Anna had just returned from work and was having "introvert time" according to Braeden.  Emma and I wholeheartedly understood and I considered that it was lovely that extroverted Braeden understands too.)

Then this happened.



If I'm going to be quarantined with anyone, I choose them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails