Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Easter weekend

On Friday we went to Provo to Emma's apartment to hang out again while our house was besieged with paint fumes.  (Adam stayed behind to be at the helm and use the faster internet at home.)

While Emma did homework, Mark and I went to campus to visit Braeden.


They have the same smiles and the same curly hair that needs cutting and the same football team.

They differ in that Braeden is never cold like his dad and Mark is more like me (hence the different outfits).

Every now and then I consider cutting Mark's hair but then I kind of think there's no point because he sees no one except us.  Also, he has SO MUCH hair and I would prefer to wait and let someone at Great Clips tackle it.

Saturday we put the kitchen back together and admired it.  The kitchen is a happy place.

Sunday was a lovely Easter day.  It was by far our smallest Easter gathering.


Just four people around the table (and one very bent candle for reasons beyond my understanding).

In the morning we had the sacrament and read aloud some passages Adam had marked in Jesus the Christ.  We read about the crucifixion and then the resurrection.  We also watched a Facebook live of Liberty and her companion.  How we miss the sweet and talented Liberty!  We decided we miss all the Johnsons--Sundays aren't the same without them.

We drove to a pond in Lehi that Adam inexplicably knew about and walked around it.  It was cold and windy, but the sun was shining.

In the late afternoon we played Quiplash with Braeden and Anna and the Johnsons.  Google meet for the win!

Other than that, we are enjoying being together, enjoying Reese's peanut butter chocolate bunnies (they are 6 carbs each if you have a diabetic in your life) and enjoying spring.

Popcorn is currently popping on the apricot tree.  (They aren't really apricot trees.  I have no idea what kind of trees those are.)


1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

I love the blossoming trees too! They are called pear trees (non-fruit bearing) and they line my neighborhood streets. They are beautiful in the spring although they have a distinctive odor that some people find unpleasant. Not me...I breathe it in! It is one of my favorite signs of spring!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails