Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2020

What our marriage is like

We didn't know what our kitchen access would be exactly with our cabinets being painted.  Then I noticed the fridge was entirely covered and taped shut.

And Mark's insulin is in there.

Adam was in his office in a phone call meeting.  I did a quick survey of Lowe's, Home Depot's and Walmart's websites.  I looked at mini fridges.  I saw what hours they were now open.  I recruited Mark as my sidekick.  I had my shoes on, my water bottle in hand, my bag slung over my shoulder.

I interrupted Adam's meeting.  "I'm going to go buy a mini fridge for Mark's insulin," I said.

"Right now?" Adam said, wide eyes.

"Yes," I said.

"Well, hold on," he said. "Let me ask them."

He slipped under the plastic tent surrounding the kitchen.  He explained the insulin situation.  The painters said, "No problem.  Just rip it open and we'll create a flap when we come tomorrow so you can get in and out of the fridge.

So Adam told me that information.  I said, "Oh, OK.  I was ready to go buy one."

"I know," Adam said with a smile.  "You had that look in your eye, Mama Bear."

That has been our relationship.  For 25 years.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

You two do a great job of taking care of things!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails