Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Best laid plans

Yesterday, Adam put the frozen pork roast in the crockpot before he went to work and put a reminder to start it at 9:00 because the crockpot is plugged into a smart plug that he can control from his phone.

I walked in the door after five to the smell of...nothing.  The pork roast was still cold, but not cooked and the crockpot was not on.

We decided to meet for dinner at Texas Roadhouse because I had a gift card from a student from the end of last year.  I am starting a new mini masterpiece (Starry Night) and needed a few colors of embroidery floss so I decided to stop at JoAnn Fabrics on the way to meet them.

There was an accident so I took an alternative route which is code for I got kind of lost.  We have lived here long enough that I know all the routes to get from here to there.  I think my brain gets foggy in the places joining those routes.  It doesn't all fit together in a cohesive puzzle.

It didn't help that I was talking to Braeden, so didn't have all my faculties focused on the task. (I did enjoy talking to Braeden though and when I told him a few times that I was sort of lost, he didn't even worry because he grew up with me being kind of lost.)

I finally made it to the restaurant and we had a good dinner (I saved half of my food for lunch today which is always very handy).

Mark drove Adam's car home and Adam and I rode together, looking forward to what was left of a relaxing evening.

We got out of the car and Adam said, "It's Tuesday!"

My mind scrolled through all the reasons that might matter but I came up empty.  He said, "I need to mow the lawn!"

Adam is in charge of the lawn and I never even think about it.  He mows it three times a week and it looks great and he is why.

He got Mark to do some edging and he mowed.  We got home a little after 8:00, but our lawnmower is electric, so quiet, and it also has headlights.  He came in about 9:30 and said, "My reminder to start the crockpot was set for 9:00 PM!"

Some days are just like that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

3x a week?!

Olivia Cobian said...

That AM and PM thing throws me off all the time too! I'm excited to see your new masterpiece!

Marianne said...

Did you leave it and wake up to the smell of pork roast?

Mark Dahl said...

He mows the lawn 3 times a week? That is often.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails