Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Teamwork makes the dream work

My team collaborated the last two days.  We did projects and discussed things and made a big mess of piles and copies and disjointed thoughts.

It was fun to be together again.

Jamie joined us yesterday and we laminated a huge stack.  I was at the laminator and they were cutting things out (I'm bad at cutting stuff out and we all know it).

I'm also bad at the laminator.  Jamie gave me back a few things to do again because they weren't good enough.  I told her they were fine and she said they weren't.

I said, "Well, I hope I get this one, that is laminated twice."

Jamie told me I was being cheeky.

I guess you could say we're good enough friends that we act like sisters sometimes.

We ate lunch together in the faculty lounge and we started watching videos on youtube about teachers and we were laughing so loud that when we came out of the faculty lounge, Camie asked us what we were doing in there.

In the afternoon more stuff needed to be laminated and I said I would go do it while they were working on something else.  Janelle said, "Can you do it?"

"Yes," I said, with imagined competence.  

(I messed some of it up but Jamie wasn't there for quality control.  It's fine.)

Also, a really great thing about our team is that we have different skills.  I'm so bad at cutting things out and laminating and anything you need to be precise with, but we always meet in my classroom because it is clean and organized.  Everyone has their thing.  It's like how Amelia Bedelia shows up with a dessert and everyone loves her.  

We need each other.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm so glad you love your team, and they are super lucky to have you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails