Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2022

How it went

The good news:

My class is super cute and mostly well behaved. (Not defiant and I'll take it!)

They all speak English pretty well, which is amazing.

They laughed at my jokes and thought Eleanor was enchanting when I showed them a picture.

The less than good news:

I gave my student with diabetes a corrective dose of insulin when he was going high for a long time.  I talked to his mother about it and she thought it was great.  The school nurse?  Not so much.  Must go through proper channels!  Oops.

I had a student dissolve in tears.  Twice.

It was stupid hot in my classroom.  It got up to 80 degrees.  It's hard to be happy in a classroom with sweaty children when it is 80 degrees.  Plus they were all starving.  Plus they were tired and wanted to know WHEN CAN WE GO HOME?!?

The lunch bin, where their home lunches were placed, became covered in ants.  In my classroom.  It's fine.

They were SUPER chatty.  Hurray for friends, but after school, I rearranged desks.  (One of the very chatty girls wrote "Book of Mormon Stories" as her favorite song on our All About Me paper.  It reminded me that they are sweet little children who love primary and I love that!) 

When I took off my fitbit last night, I had over 14,000 steps.  Teaching 3rd grade is my cardio. 

I'll go back again.

The AC better be working.


2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

You are in the trenches! Good job! I hope you have a cooler day (though when you are Mrs. Davis, I don't know what could be cooler). Love you!

Mark Dahl said...

Sounds like a good day. Today is cooler here. I hope it is there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails