Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Recharge

The other day, I went to leave for work and the battery was dead in Joan.  I yelled for Mark, who was getting ready for work and he came and helped me with the little battery charger we have which is worth its weight in gold.

I took it with me to work.

Joan usually only takes short little trips and her battery is four years old and I think she needs longer trips to charge it up.

Sorry Joan. 

Adam is traveling this week and Mark and I had some chicken noodle soup for dinner.  He had put it in the slow cooker earlier, but have failed to read on it that you also needed to add 6 cups of water.  He said I hadn't told him that.  I said that I had, however, taught him to read.

I added the water and that slowed the cooking down more than we wanted.  I added the gluten free noodles and they were weird and didn't cook right.  I dished us each up a sad bowl which was really the last thing either of us wanted on a warm summer evening.

I needed to go for a drive to recharge Joan's battery so I asked Mark to come along.  I told him if he ate all his soup like a good boy, we could swing by Wendy's.  Mark loves Wendy's, but there is nothing there he can eat.  He was curious about baconator fries though.  They don't have gluten, just fries and bacon and cheese (what a healthy treat!).

He chose the music and I had veto power with any song, but he spun some pretty good ones.  We got him baconator fries, which he liked (and it wasn't so terrible because it was kind of a small container).  He gave me one fry, which is Mom Tax and we all know it. I had a little frosty and we were happy clams.

We drove and listened to music and chatted.

Both Joan and I had our batteries recharged.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails