Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2022

Ugh

When I found out I didn't have rheumatoid arthritis, I found out I also had a thyroid problem.  I had a follow-up appointment yesterday at 4:00 PM.  Because I just wanted to get it over and done with, I canceled my much loved and needed chiropractic appointment to go to the doctor.

I left a big pile on my desk at school.  Even though our contract time ends at 4:00, if you actually leave at 4:00, you are leaving early.

I sat in the waiting room for an hour and a half!

They were "running behind."

My frustration was mounting.  I had so much to do and there I sat!

Finally, they called me in.  The nurse said, "Now did you have follow up blood work?"

"Did I need to?"

"Oh, I don't know."

The doctor finally came in and said that I needed follow up blood work.

I said, "So I just waited for an hour and a half for you to tell me that?"

He laughed, kind of nervously.

I said, "I don't think it's as funny as you do."

He stopped laughing.

He also said that I need to have an ultrasound on my neck.  So the journey continues.

I went home hating everything and everyone, but Adam had cooked the pork roast and my evening improved.

It just goes to show, no matter how frustrating the day, all is not lost.  Dinner just might be waiting for you at home.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

That is so frustrating! That doctor's office better be on their toes when you return!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails