Pages

Friday, August 12, 2022

Pre-crastinating fail

Yesterday we were having a meeting and I was sitting with my team.  Our principal handed us a page and asked us to fill out one part of it.  I did and then moved on to the rest of the page.  It is just what I naturally do:  see a task, do a task.

Janelle laughed at me.  "You always have to get ahead!" she said.

Then it turned out we never did the rest of the page and I could have just stopped after doing what was initially asked of us.

Later I was in my classroom, labeling.  I have a list; I have tons of stuff to label.  It seemed like a no brainer.  I printed some labels and made others on my label maker (they work better in some instances).  I was merrily labeling headphones and Camie came in.  She said, "Here's your class list, does it match what you have?"

I said she was missing three of my students and I told her which ones.

She said, "Oh, they moved."

But. But. But.  I labeled everything! And the folders and headphone storage is in alphabetic order.  I already wrote their names (in cursive because it makes them feel oh so grown up) on the tags for their desks.

I told Janelle and she said, "I never label this early."

Rats.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

The good news is fewer students, right? That seems like a bonus.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails