Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Music night

When our kids were little, Adam would select some songs and play them while the kids lay on the floor and listened.  Then we'd all talk about the music.  As years passed, others would select the songs, or everyone would pick their own song, or there would be a theme and we'd have to guess how the songs were related.  When our kids were teenagers, we'd have protracted "music nights" on road trips. Music night, one of Adam's brilliant inventions.

Last week Braeden wanted us to have another music night.  He asked everyone to select a song and then comment on them.  I got a lot of delight out of the music and responses.  I decided to add them here to capture a bit of our family's culture.

Adam chose "American Boy" by Little Mix.  He said he picked it because he thought I would like it.  (He wasn't wrong.)

I chose "I Like You Most of All" by Maria Muldaur.  It is a find from Adam too, because I'm not that original, but I like this song.  And I like Adam (most of all).

Braeden chose "Chinatown" by Bleachers.

Anna chose "I Think Ur a Contra" by Vampire Weekend.

Emma chose "I Know the End" by Phoebe Bridges.

Mark chose "True Survivor" by David Hasselhoff.

Here's what everyone said (in order of appearance):

Braeden

Me

(Apparently I was left with more questions than answers.)

Emma


 Mark




Anna


Adam


(Mark thinks he's a doctor and Adam lets him)

Adam, continued




So thanks for playing along with music night.  I like this group (most of all).


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

You Davises know how to have fun! You are all so fluid in expressing yourselves. Well done. I did not know Braeden played the tuba!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails