Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Farewell to summer, except...

Saturday night we went to the Bees game.

I wore my Bees shirt, like the good Utah citizen I am and Adam and Mark wore Mariners shirts because the Bees were playing the Tacoma Rainiers, which is a Mariners farm team.

It was a WGU night so we were living the suite life.  I met some of Adam's coworkers and Mark's boss's boss's boss's boss (I don't know how many layers) was there and Mark sat down and chatted with him and his wife, because my children did not inherit their mother's social awkwardness.

The Rainiers won which mattered very little to me.  I was mostly there for the view (and the seat between two of my favorite guys).



Ballparks are almost always pretty and when you add the purple mountains majesty...I loved it.

They had fireworks after the game (which we didn't stay for) and we saw a few fireworks displays while driving home.  Maybe it was a farewell to summer?  

School has started and I am ready to leave summer behind.  I would welcome sweater weather with a warm embrace.  Unfortunately, summer isn't done with us.

I saw this:


Mark and I decided over dinner last night that a really great world would have seasons half as long.  (We'd have to eat fast growing food.)  I've heard of Seasonal Affective Disorder.  Is there Seasonal Short Attention Span?  Because I think I have that.


1 comment:

Marianne said...

I know it's not as hot where I live as it is where you live but I'm loving hot weather!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails