Pages

Friday, August 5, 2022

Grateful Friday

Yesterday I talked to Braeden and I said, "I'm doing something that reveals a lot about me."

He said, "And it isn't necessarily good?"

(That kid knows me.)

I explained to him that today (singular) is my summer vacation.  I decided that I was going to not have a to do list and not be productive.

It's kind of sad that it's one day only, but here we are.  (And I accomplished a lot this summer!)  I told Jamie at lunch yesterday about my plan and Elsa, a young fresh-faced kindergarten teacher exclaimed in horror, "Just one day!?!"

Jamie said, "But Thelma finished LETRs training."

I said, "I told you that in confidence!  I don't want everyone to think I'm a freak!"

I told Braeden that my parents are very task oriented also and I didn't have recreating modeled for me when I was growing up (when in doubt, blame your parents is a good fallback).

I invited Adam to join me on my quest.  He was all in, because he is always all in.  And he also is a lot better at having fun than I am.

On Wednesday, Clarissa and I took a walk.  I told her about my plan.  I also confessed that I had NO IDEA what to do for fun, but if Adam was able to get out of some work commitments, he would know what to do.

Clarissa is good at having fun.  I asked her, "What would you do?"

She said, "Well, things you would hate.  I would go to Lagoon or a water park."

And she's not wrong; I would hate those.

So I'm going to have fun today and not be productive.  (Also, being productive is kind of fun for me....)

I'm grateful for Adam, the keeper of the fun.  I'm grateful for my job that I love and I am excited for a new school year to start.  

I'm channeling this vibe today:



3 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

Love the photo of Eleanor. Have a great vacation.

Geri said...

Have a fun summer on your day. You could write down what you like to do, outside of being productive, put them in a jar and pull one out randomly and go from there. Keep each activity short like an hour to an hour and a half so you can enjoy numerous things.

Olivia Cobian said...

Ahoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails