Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Day 2 of working but not teaching

Yesterday I went to a conference in Provo and I'm going again today.  It feels weird to not be with my class.

I have a LOT (seriously) to learn and particularly about technology and this conference is about using technology in the classroom.  I've learned some good things that I want to use.  Reading is not on the list of things that I don't know though.

Dear presenters who just read their slides aloud to us: 
Stop. 
Stop. 
You. Are. Killing. Me.

Mostly though, the classes were really good.  I went to one class and learned more about Nearpod which I had used before but had just tried half heartedly to teach myself about and now I feel like I know actual stuff about Nearpod.

Part of it was a Time To Climb quiz and...



I won!  You'd better believe I took a screen shot so I could brag on our family group chat (and also here apparently).  There were like 5 questions and they weren't very hard at all but I answered them fastest and I got a free t-shirt and a free pen so as Emma would say, it went straight to my head.

I stopped at my classroom on the way home to reset it.  Walking inside the school, I met a 4th grade teacher who was leaving.  I asked her how my class had fared in their first Battle of the Books (they were offended that I had to miss their first battles) and she told me she had retrieved my kids who were battling and I felt grateful for her help.

I walked into my empty classroom and saw that one student hadn't put his Chromebook away and another had left a worksheet on the floor.

I glanced over the sub notes and set out everything for the next day.

I updated the schedule on the board and changed the date and switched the math centers and decided I missed my class.

I'll be glad when the conference is over and I can be back with them.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails