Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

The weekend

We ventured out for some errands and Mark went with us.  He usually bows out of errands but these days we won't let him do anything else so he is happy to go to the grocery store.

We texted Emma to see if she wanted to join us.  We picked her up.  We had no where to go and all day to get there.

We had a major lunch decision to make and drove around a little like crazy people (mostly on the same street) and finally landed on Tommy's which even without the Rona only has counter service and you eat outside.

Braeden called Mark while we were eating.  Emma and I checked our phones to see if we'd missed a call from Braeden and Mark was the last choice.  We hadn't.  (Everyone wants to be the first choice.)

Braeden said something to Mark about not being invited for lunch so I asked him to hand me the phone.

I said, "Hey Braeden, do you and Anna want to join us for lunch at Tommy's?"

He said, "Oh, thanks, but we've had lunch.  It's really nice of you to invite us though."

"No problem."  I handed Mark the phone back.

We went shopping and there was more food on the shelves than the previous week but still a lot of stuff was gone.  We came home and I cut Emma's hair (not exactly straight but I am not exactly a hairdresser) and she and I took a walk.

I'm not going to say she's my favorite but she's the only one who will take walks with me.

Mark took Emma back to Provo and then he took my laptop to Braeden's apartment to play Minecraft while Anna was out with friends.

(Braeden and Mark both tend to be alpha males but Braeden said that they found their rhythm eventually.)

That night Adam and I watched Unicorn Store on Netflix and it was so great that I texted Emma as the end credits were rolling and told her she HAD to watch it.

Sunday Emma came over for sacrament meeting and I love having sacrament meeting at home.  I have heard from a lot of people what a spiritual experience it is.  Light seems to fill our home and the familiar aspect of it is comforting and the novel aspect of it is meaningful.

Adam and Mark had a ward youth council meeting (virtually) so Emma and I took another walk.

Later, when Braeden and Anna arrived, I had them help me film a point of view video for my class.  Like I told my third grade team, my kids are theatrical and creative and weird so they will be good at it.

True on all counts.

Here is the video. If you are one of my lovely nieces or nephews, you can watch it as part of your home school.

It was created on Emma's phone, mostly filmed by her and completely edited by her.

Have a smart daughter.  That's all.

We had dinner, which Adam prepared while we were filming, and then ate the birthday cake Braeden and Anna brought.  (Adult children are not terrible.)  Our children gave us a gift of a family portrait at some future time.  Braeden and Anna hired their wedding photographer.  It is a perfect gift.

(After Braeden and Anna went home we watched Unicorn Store again with Emma and Mark.  It's that good.)

2 comments:

Marianne said...

That was so fun! I loved Mark saying he better eat her to be safe. :)

Mark Dahl said...

That was great, Thelma. You could take your family on the road doing theatre.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails