Pages

Friday, March 20, 2020

Grateful Friday

Adam is always up for an adventure and with our diminished schedules, he had the idea that we should take a trip for our birthday.  Drive to a National Park.  Spend a few nights.

Then we started looking at hotels and they're almost all closed.


I don't have to tell you what a strange time this is.  Even my daffodils are confused because we got a few inches of snow last night.

This was my view out the window this morning.


There's the temple.  It's a gentle and steady bright light on a dim morning, just like always.  It is mostly closed but its light still burns bright and covenants made there are still in effect.

I am grateful that we have everything we need to still worship and take the sacrament and pray and sing hymns at home, but I am looking forward to General Conference.  I hunger to hear from our leaders.

Other Things I'm Grateful for Today


  • movie nights 
  • spending more time with Adam and Mark 
  • hearing from my students (I wish I heard from more of them!)
  • having a little time for projects around the house
  • a more relaxed pace to everything
  • time to read
  • I don't have to iron Mark's work shirts
  • encouraging emails from my administration and teacher friends




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails