Pages

Monday, March 16, 2020

Update

A week ago, I was desperate for ways to see Mark more.  He was working crazy hours and my schedule and his didn't intersect.

A pandemic wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but I am grateful that we have more time together.

We crawl into our bed every night--Mark in the middle which is his favorite place to be.  We take turns picking a movie and he pokes me and checks on me if he senses I'm falling asleep.  Which is definitely something he did as a toddler too.

***

I've been astounded by the panic shopping that has happened.  We went to the grocery store as is our custom on Saturday and there was not ONE bit of fresh produce.  Nothing.  I can't imagine that everyone is going to be able to eat everything they bought.  It's crazy.

We have plenty of food; I'm grateful for that.  It is just so surprising that people are hoarding weird things--like lettuce and toilet paper.  It doesn't feel related to an upper respiratory illness.

***

School is cancelled for the next two weeks at least.  Today and tomorrow we are going to try to figure it out, then Wednesday we start online school.  I feel like I'm going to need more than two days to get that up to speed.  So much of teaching is gauging the understanding on their faces and adjusting what you're saying.  Also, I'm not sure if they all have devices or internet service.  The school can lend out Chromebooks, but not internet service.  Some parents will be more able and willing to keep the kids on task than others.  I worry about my little students' education and just general wellbeing.  It's possible I'm attached to them.

***

We had a nice Sunday.  I enjoyed having the sacrament at home and we did a little family history and took a walk and played some games and had our Come Follow Me lesson.  We also had a Zoom meeting with everyone in my family.  My parents were practicing for their Pathways assignment (they facilitate a Pathways group).  It was nice to see everyone.

***

Things feel upside down and unsettled.  But not terrible.  Spring, the birds and the sunrise and sunset don't know about The 'Rona as Desi called it when we were playing Snake Oil.  There's still a lot of beauty in the world.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails