Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Professional Development

Yesterday there was no school unless you were a teacher.  One of the things I really really like about my job are who I work with.  They are my people.  We are all different ages and have different life circumstances but we have this really huge thing in common and I love it.

Also, in addition to the teacher thing, during our lunch break a few of us were talking about our church callings present and past, our Relief Society lessons yesterday, and then the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  So you know, just the usual....

After our meetings that felt worthwhile and encouraging, we went to a shooting range for some team bonding.

Not a natural fit for people who work in a strictly gun free zone but there we were.

One of my friends took this picture and texted it to me.


Even though I shot a gun a few times growing up, I was clearly out of my comfort zone.  After my first few shots, the guy working there said, "Would you like me to show you how to hold it?"

"Yes, please."

We loaded our own magazines and let me tell you that looks way easier in the movies.

It's nothing that I'm going to start doing as a hobby but it was a fun experience and little did I know that my job which takes up so much of my leisure time would give me such good friends!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails