Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

My Village People

Yesterday my 3rd grade team and I spent most of the day in my classroom (they like it there because they say it's the most tidy but it really isn't, only sometimes).  We talked and pulled our hair out and took a walk around the playground (and talked) and discussed ideas and created google docs and plans and it all felt incredibly overwhelming.

I called Adam and asked for tech support.

I texted Emma and had her log into my google classroom to see how it looked.

The principal and our instructional coach stopped in to check on us.

The librarian and some of the aides offered their services.

Then Adam stopped by for more tech support and he spent the evening learning how the technology worked "so I can answer your questions."

(Adam has never had any schooling or education in tech.  He is just smart and figures it out.  He is 100% the best.  End of story.)

My parents were in town so they stopped by to chat.  We didn't hug.  I sent my dad home with my classroom stapler that is jammed.  It's either throw it away or send it to my dad's shop.  Because everything emerges from my dad's shop repaired.  End of story.

Mark and Adam are coming to my classroom today to help me make videos.  Mark is going to be in them (so is Horace--the goat) because my class hero worships Mark and Horace is a metal goat so why wouldn't he be in the videos?

I had a few messages of support and encouragement from the parents of my students.

After day one of planning and trying to figure this all out it feels impossible and also maybe, just maybe it will work.  I don't know.

I miss my class, but I'm grateful for my village.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I want to see the videos--especially the ones featuring Mark and Horace!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails