Pages

Friday, March 6, 2020

Grateful Friday

I'm grateful for BYU--and living close to BYU.

Wednesday night Adam went to Salt Lake City to watch the BYU choirs and philharmonic orchestra perform their Christmas concert as part of a choir conference. In March? But he loved it.  And Emma loved being able to sing in a Christmas choir because she was in France when they did the actual concert at BYU.

I wish I could have gone!  I was knee deep in grades and exhausted so I wanted to go to bed earlier than the 11:30 time he got home (he drove Emma home so he could spend extra time with her).

He sent this picture:


Also, the BYU Dunk Team came to my school yesterday:


Sort of blurry picture of a picture but it was awesome and the kids LOVED it!

At one point they had all the teachers come to the center of the gym and they had the students scream and cheer for us.

If they had really wanted to gift us, how about 10 seconds of silence?

It was nice though and those dunk team kids are straight up athletic.

I'm grateful for my students who desperately wanted me to be picked as a volunteer at the assembly, who hug me and say they love me before they go home in the afternoon, who are over the moon about my prism and rainbows it makes and who told me indignantly that I didn't need to go to professional development meetings because I am already "a really great teacher."  It melted my heart; they are awfully sweet.

I am grateful for my teacher friends.  It feels so nice to have friends.  We are united in purpose and experience and they inspire me with their goodness and incredibly Christlike outlook on life.

I am grateful for our children who are understanding of my life and are supportive and encouraging.  They are mostly better than I deserve.

Speaking of supportive and encouraging, I'm appreciative of Adam and my mom for their constant reassurance and belief in me.

This week has been hard.  It has just been a confluence of circumstances that made me have a bigger than normal work load and smaller than normal prep time.

Next week doesn't look much better.

In the meantime, it feels wonderful to have people that have my back.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails