Pages

Monday, March 30, 2020

The getaway

Braeden texted Adam to ask him to read a paper he had toiled long on.  He was proud of his work and wanted to share.

Adam was driving so I texted back this:

Emma said she was going to pose for a "candid shot."

I told him we were on the road.

We had made a great escape.  It was a scaled back (way back) version of the trip we wanted to take.  We took a day trip to Bryce Canyon.  We only stopped for gas and Adam passed out hand wipes every time we got back in the car.

It was gorgeous!  And cold.  Adam wanted to see Bryce Canyon in the snow so I guess we had to expect the cold.  It is further south than us but higher in elevation.

This, from Emma:


They are great travel companions.  They kept us in music and witticisms.



Here is Mark, trying to keep my ears warm (I failed to bring my headband/ear warmer that is necessary to my happiness in the cold wind).


The picture reminded me of another picture from another family trip (it was a warmer trip and I had braces and I carried Mark almost the entire time):



Turns out National Parks are photogenic.  (You heard it here first.)



I loved the way these two friend trees were supporting each other.




Adam texted this picture to him mom and she said it looked like Emma was a gnome on top of his hat.  

I'd buy that hat.



Besides being the number one driver and navigator (it seems like I could help with that but I truly can't), Adam supplied witticisms of his own.

He pointed out that dangerous cliffs were watching our children.



Our children didn't seem to be bothered.



1 comment:

Mark Dahl said...

I love the look of pure love on your face in the photo in which you are carrying little Mark. You show so much love. Your mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails