Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

A delightful day

I loved being at the temple with my family.  Unfortunately Katie and Melanee were sick and Adam and Edgar were working, but the rest of us were there.

Olivia, Liberty--the only endowed grandchild not at work, Ammon, Robert, Marianne, my parents, Enoch and Jennifer, me, Tabor
Here's the immediate family:

I was wearing heels!

It took a few tries to get the pictures taken.  The first guy we asked had his thumb in the shot.

Our parents treated us all to Black Bear Diner afterward--including those who had been too young for the temple and Katie who had slept on our bed during the temple trip.

I rehashed more wedding plans with my mom and sisters.  I said that my stress was rising.  My dad kept telling me that I should get a weight for the bottom of my dress.

"What!?!"

He said, "Well, if your dress is rising you need to weigh it down.  You need to be modest."  Then he grinned.

Maybe people like him are why my stress is rising....

At the reunion, our aunts had a basket of snapshots and Marianne took a picture of this gem.

Adam sees pictures of this and asks, "Did you cheeks need glasses?"  Maybe.

Marianne and Olivia decided we should recreate it.  I guess my dad was talking to someone else because when Ammon sat on his lap, he was startled. "What are you doing?!?"

Here we are trying to get into character--Enoch is looking at the photo for inspiration.

Marianne and Olivia and I are all holding our hands up for reasons only known to genetics.


Tabor said he couldn't do it without his superman pajamas.  I wore my sunglasses, the closest I could come to my becoming 80s photogray glasses.



I like being around these people.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails