Pages

Friday, July 26, 2019

Grateful Friday

On Wednesday, Pioneer Day, we had a neighborhood BBQ.  My friend Cortney posted this picture on Facebook and it made me happy + grateful.


Mark sat down for a few minutes and ate but otherwise he played.  (That's him in the middle with the blue shirt.)  He went and gathered flags in the neighborhood after the BBQ, then Adam and I found him still out playing with the boys.

Last Sunday he was sick and stayed home from church.  It makes me sad when he is so sick.  His glucose levels were out of whack and he clearly just felt awful.  I felt sort of sorry for myself when I saw the other boys his age at church.  They all looked so healthy.  I wanted my healthy boy back.

It is good to remember I do have him back.  He's healthy.  He has hard days but he has gained weight and energy back.  He's happy and busy.  He played for several hours and got extremely sweaty.  I've never felt grateful for a big sweaty boy before.

I feel grateful for medicine and I feel like all the cost/hassle/time spent are worth it.

**
*

My default is worrying for my kids.  Are they OK?  Are they really?  How about now?

Today Emma is heading off for the weekend to spend time at her friends' family's ranch with them.  I love that when Emma wants something, she makes it happen.  She worked extra time all week so she could leave early--between her two jobs she worked 12+ hours a day for most of the week.

When I see her resolve and ability to do what needs doing, I feel assurance rather than worry.  When she knows what she wants, there is no stopping that girl.

**
*

Anna's been in Virginia with her family and working on a slideshow for the wedding receptions.  I sent her some pictures to use and she matched them with similar pictures of her own.

She sent me a few side by sides that delighted me.

Look at those little cherubs in their exersaucers!



Here they are with their brand new baby brothers.  Anna is a ringer for our niece Talia in that picture!



This is my favorite pairing of all:


I also loved what Anna had to say about it:


Such a perfect match!

Anna sent us the completed slideshow to watch and Adam and I loved it.  It's amazing to see pictures of our own golden sunshine boy growing up and see pictures of this glorious golden sunshine girl who grew up at the same time.  What a blessing for all of us that they found each other.

After the slideshow, Adam said, "Can you believe our boy is getting married?  He found someone who he loves as much as I love you."

Adam knows how to say the right thing.

And I'm grateful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails