Pages

Monday, July 15, 2019

Parenting

Friday we were sitting at the dinner table and Mark was gathering his things to leave for work.  He saw a text come in on my phone and brought it to me.

"Read your texts," he said, a little ominously.

They were from Braeden.  He'd been in a fender bender and was fine but Loki is not.  He had to work right then but said he'd call later.

Another son, another fender bender.  And yes, just like Mark, it was Braeden's fault.

This summer.  It's just the gift that keeps on giving.

So...we weren't happy.  Emma and Mark went to work and Adam and I just let all the angst roll over us.


Braeden and I started texting a bit--though he was at work--but Adam didn't text at all.

He's even tempered and a big part of that is that when he's presented with one of these are you kidding me right now?!? parenting situations he just stays quiet until he's ready to be calm.

Braeden finally had a chance to call and he called me.  There were all the apologies (him) and lectures (me) but forgiveness (also me).

I have said it before but I straight up can't imagine people who have ten children.  Three have me MAXED OUT.

Adam got a phone call while I was talking to Braeden.  Braeden wanted to talk to Adam and I suggested later.  (I said maybe tomorrow.)

But Braeden texted Adam to see if they could talk.

Adam said (well, sort of growled) "What am I supposed to say to him?"

I said, "Show him an example of what his Heavenly Father is like."

Adam said, "New Testament or Old Testament?"

Then I started laughing because I don't care what life throws our way, I've got Adam by my side.

And that's worth a lot.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails