Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Rainbow

We'll call  Friday night when Braeden crashed the car the storm and we'll call the rest of the weekend the rainbow.

Because it got better.

On Saturday we celebrated Braeden's half birthday.  Because we still do that even when you're 22 (and 1/2) apparently.

I was finally recognized for my efforts:

It was a cooler (from their wedding registry) and the handle was problematic when wrapping.

We went to lunch (Anna too) and then in the afternoon, Desi came over.  We enjoyed dinner with her, after which we talked about pop culture (including but not limited to watching a video of Snoop Dogg and Martha Stewart make brownies).  Then Emma and Desi watched a much anticipated made for Netflix rom-com, Mark was at work and Adam and Braeden and I went to Trader Joe's.

There was a rainbow on the way.


We were perusing the aisles of Trader Joe's.  I said no to the mini rosebushes, even though they tempted me because I didn't feel like taking on the commitment.  I said yes to the dark chocolate covered candied ginger.

We walked by a display of "Popcorn in a Pickle" and saw a man and woman stuffing their shopping cart with bags of the stuff.  I think they saw me sort of staring and the guy said, "It's SO good.  Last time I finished the bag before I got home."

"And it's only around in the summer," the woman said.

I decided it was a ringing endorsement so I put a bag in our cart (and it was pretty good--when vinegar is involved I am ALL IN).

Later, Braeden and I surreptitiously took a picture of the couple because they delighted us so much with their overflowing cart of pickle popcorn.  (They were even both wearing bright pickle green.)


Anna came back for church Sunday and the kids all sang in church and I accompanied them.  I am not good enough on the piano to not have a panic attack over that but I 1) didn't mess up and 2) didn't pass out so we'll call that a win.

The kids sounded pretty good.

I think.  I was mostly focused on myself.

That evening we had Desi back and had a taste test of chicken salad sandwiches with the chicken prepared three different ways.  It's what we're serving at the wedding reception.  So this was important research!

Later we took Braeden back to Salt Lake for his next session of EFY.  He was two more weeks of that, then a week in Bear Lake with Anna's family and then that kid is getting married!

Time is marching right on.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails