Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2019

By the dawn's early light

Yesterday afternoon I felt a little jolt of excitement when I saw they had hung the flag.  You can see the red cover around it across the canyon.



This morning around 6:30, I saw about ten riders go past on the trail above our house, toward the canyon.  They were horseback and carrying flags.

I love living here.

Here's the view out of our front door.

(lots of extra cars in the neighborhood this morning)


Once I heard the cannons and saw the unfurling, I hurried to the back deck.  I remembered this from last year.


They flew directly over our house and no one woke up.

At least I documented it for them.

I'm looking forward to today.  I love living in such a beautiful place.  I love our country.  I love living by Big Betsy in the canyon.  I love living above the line where fireworks are illegal.  I can watch them out over the valley without feeling like I'm in a war zone.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

1 comment:

Geri said...

Happy Fourth. Lucky for the Davis' household they have someone to be the watchman, "One if by land, and two if by sea.", in the early morning light.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails