Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Summer

Our Nest thermostat and the Mariners have something in common.

They break Adam's heart every summer.

Adam checks on the app how long our AC runs every day and shows me despairingly.

Yes, but it's hot.

**
*

I had lunch with my friend Cortney the other day.  We were catching up and I asked her what they'd been up to this summer.

She said, "We've been pretty lazy."

That reminded me of our summer, but opposite.

**
*

Mark and I went to the library and I happened to be wearing my Bookmarks Are For Quitters t-shirt.

Several people stopped me to tell me that they liked my shirt.  That never happens besides at the library.

**
*

I went back and forth and back and forth between the company that is supplying an insulin pump for Mark and our doctor's office.  The company didn't get the authorization from the doctor.  The doctor's office said they sent it on July 3.

Back and forth.

Finally yesterday, a lady at the doctor's office realized, "It was sent, but it didn't go through."

Do we still call that being sent?

**
*

I did family history with Marie Louise earlier this week.  She delights me.  We talk family history and record names and dates and try to keep it all straight and print cards for the temple.  She corrects my American pronunciation.  We talk about our children and laugh because we relate to each other in this whole parenting adventure.

A lot.

**
*

Mark and I have been going to my classroom first thing in the morning when it's still 83 degrees inside.  Turns out 83 degrees is doable.  We don't stay past noon.  Because we need to get home to where the AC is working (sorry Adam).

**
*

I picked up some pen needles at the pharmacy and the lady said, "Your total is zero dollars."  I thought two things 1) that is an odd way to say that and 2) we've reached our deductible!

That didn't take too long.

**
*

Last night a parliament (I googled it and that was my favorite name I found for a collective of them) of magpies were in the shade of a tree in our yard.  Every time some squirrels approached, the magpies chased them off.

I haven't gotten over squirrels eating my petunias or tomatoes (I hold grudges against rodents apparently) so I was cheering on the magpies.  The parliament of magpies.

I like words.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails