Pages

Monday, July 29, 2019

Love sweet love

Saturday I attended a family bridal shower for Anna.  It was at her aunt Steph's house.  Braeden had told me repeatedly that I would love Aunt Steph.

When I arrived and I introduced myself to her, she said, "I thought you were going to say you were Braeden's sister, not his mom!"  So yes.  I immediately loved her.

(I don't look too young to be Braeden's mom, but I don't complain if anyone ever says that.)

I got to meet Anna's aunts and grandma and a few cousins.  They are all good people and it feels so comfortable to be around each other.  My mom, grandma, Aunt Launa, Marianne, Olivia and Melanee all came which made me happy.  Weddings are all about love.  There's love between the bride and groom of course, but people that love them also show up and give gifts and love and help celebrate and it's wonderful.

Anna got some very nice gifts and their little nest will be well feathered.  Amy, Anna's mom, made her a beautiful denim picnic blanket.  Growing up, Anna's family always had a denim picnic blanket in their car which Amy's mom had made for her.  The sentimental gift made Anna cry and then that made me cry because I am an empathetic crier who cries when people I love cry.

So I'm a lot of fun....

My mom made Anna a quilt top.  She realized (wisely) that she didn't have the time to make 24 quilts for her grandchildren so she is making them each a quilt top when they get married and they can quilt it however they choose.


The quilt is made of remnants of the wedding quilts that my mom made for each of her children's weddings.  I caught my mom mid expression here, but I'm still posting the picture because I love those two women and that quilt.

My mom's health made it a difficult labor of love to complete and it means a lot to me that she made the beautiful quilt.

After the shower, I had the chance to meet Mark, Anna's dad.  I stood around chatting with Mark and Amy and I realized how likable and easy they are to talk to.  If we were neighbors, we would be friends.  No wonder we love Anna so much!

I gave Anna a ride back to Provo.  We had a great conversation about trials and unanswered prayers and miracles and you know, just idle chit chat like that.  I helped her move the gifts into their apartment which is NEXT DOOR to the apartment where we lived when Braeden was born.  It was bizarre to be back there.  I used to sit right outside those doors with baby Braeden waiting for Adam to come home from work.  What if I'd known that in 22 years he would be living there with his bride?!?

Maybe I already mentioned this.  That apartment we lived in, apartment 8?  We bought the contract from Amy and Mark.  We were in the same ward briefly.  They look vaguely familiar to me but we don't really remember each other.

Mark (Carlson) said we need to find out who lived in the apartment after Adam and I moved out because it is Anna's sister Natalie's destiny to marry their son.

The next two weeks are going to be a wonderful chaotic whirlwind.  I'm going to try to savor every moment and enjoy all the celebrating.

Because the perfect pairing of these two that I love is worth celebrating.




1 comment:

Marianne said...

So nice! And I love that picture of the happy couple!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails