Pages

Monday, July 8, 2019

Reunion

We spent the weekend in Nevada and it was a good time.

Saturday was a reunion at my grandparents' house in Starr Valley.


Clearly it is hard to get that many people looking at the camera at the same time.  Lots of side conversations were happening.

Here's my dad with his siblings:

Demar, Joe, Drew, Mark, Claudia, Olivia and Jennifer

My cousins and sisters and I teased them because the brothers except Demar wore the same shirts.  Did they play a prank on their oldest brother and text him, "Hey!  Wear the purple shirt," and then they all showed up in blue?

The thought of them texting each other about what shirt to wear made us giggle.

Here are the boy cousins in attendance:

Harvey, Ira, Jason, Alexander, Jordan, Micah, Nathan, Enoch and Tabor

Here are the girls (I was wearing heels--you'd better believe I was.  Marianne said it was nice to be at the reunion with our cousins and just be normal and not tall.):

Olivia, Britta, Marianne, Rachel, Molly, Shanon, Danielle, Me, Sarah, Leslie, Gretchen, Catherine, Josie, Jessica and Hannah
 Here are all the cousins.  I counted 7 boys and 6 girls missing:


I look huge in the above picture and Adam said my shirt was "billowy."  Yeah.  We'll go with that.

It was such fun to visit with my cousins.  It feels more fun the older we get.  They are interesting and entertaining and our shared history connects us.

We slipped away from the reunion for a little while (my mom and Katie and some nieces) and went to my parents' house and tried on clothes my mom was getting rid of.  I scored some terrific wool skirts and jackets.

Adam, who thinks I have more jackets than should be legally allowed, stoically packed them in the car.

That night we stayed in Elko and went to church yesterday morning with Enoch and Jennifer and family.  The Knudsens, our family friends growing up, are in that ward and it was wonderful to see them.  I whispered to Adam.  These are my people.

We had a wonderful family dinner at Enoch's house in the afternoon.  Enoch made amazing brisket for us in his Traeger.  Between that and the tri-tip the day before, it was a good weekend for beef!  I enjoyed sitting around the table with my siblings and laughing. I appreciated my mom and sisters talking through wedding stuff with me.  It was fun to interact with my nieces and nephews.

Yes, it's nice to have people.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails