Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Let's hear it for the girls

On Saturday Emma and Natalie and Desi hosted a bridal shower for Anna for some of her college friends.  I offered our house as a venue.

It was such fun!

In an unsurprising turn of events, Anna has really nice friends.  It was a pleasant evening with lots of laughing and I loved seeing how much Anna's friends adore her.  I guess she is feeling more and more like one of my own.  Nothing makes you happier than people loving your children.

It was a pantry themed shower and Anna's friends delivered with baking supplies and handmade crocheted hot pads and dish cloths and the fixings for all her favorites.

Desi created a hilarious game.  She had asked Braeden questions ahead of time then she read his answers along with some that she had created.  I loved watching Anna's face while Desi read some of the answers.

"What are three words to describe kissing Anna?"

"Most.  Fun.  Ever."

Anna said, "Oh no!"

(That wasn't the right answer, by the way.)

Desi knows Braeden well enough that she was very tricky.  Emma and I tied for last place.  Desi threw us off.

Braeden is always up for a party and he was a little nonplussed before the party started that we banished him to the basement.   Anna said meekly, "He can stay."

Emma and I disagreed.

Braeden asked, "But why?"

I said, "Emma, tell your brother when women got to vote."

Emma said, "1920.  And that was only white women."

"That's why,"  I told Braeden.

We did let him come up for ice cream.


When you're that cute, you get ice cream.  That's science.

The girls led us in more fun games.

Here the group is outside after playing "cold feet."  It involved transferring ice cubes with your bare feet.

Better on a June evening than a December one I am guessing.



We also invited Braeden upstairs to look at the gifts after Anna had opened them.


He didn't exhibit quite the same amount of excitement over pantry items as Anna had but I know he'll bring enthusiasm to eating.

The sweet girls all hugged me when they were leaving and thanked me for having them.  It truly was a pleasure.  Some people bring light with them and these girls were those kind of people.

Braeden said to me later, "I'm just trying to imagine a scenario where all my friends and I would be at Anna's parents house."

"That's why you don't have groom showers I guess."

That and the fact that we didn't get to vote until 1920.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails