Pages

Friday, July 19, 2019

Grateful Friday

Here are some things that are making me grateful:

Things are coming together.  My classroom is taking shape.  The wedding reception is taking shape.  I still feel like I have a mountain to climb with my new teaching gig, but things are coming together.

**
*

I picked Emma up from work because we are down a car and Adam went to girls' camp for the bishopric night and Mark was working.  Totally worth it to get to drive with her.  We talked about the social life of her theater friends and about France and about some families we know.  She said, "I think in big families the parents get more lax with the younger kids."

I agreed.

She said, "Even with Mark it's like that."

"How do you mean?"

"Well you buy him a lot of food you never used to buy."

"Part of that is diabetes guilt."

"Yeah, but even before that."

I agreed.

She said, "If you'd had a few more kids, you would have been really relaxed."

I said, "Emma, we did.  We had five kids but I lost the youngest two."

**
*

With Adam going to girls' camp for the evening, I am grateful that I'm not at girls' camp.  I love not camping.  Forever and ever amen.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails