Pages

Monday, July 1, 2019

Low Adventure

Friday after Mark slept (and slept) we regrouped and planned a "low adventure" day instead of the high adventure day.  Adam and Mark and Braeden went to the Provo rec center where there are water slides and a wave pool and a lazy river and who knows what all.  I don't know because I went to the Provo library instead...and worked on my curriculum.

I didn't make much progress in case you are wondering.

I've moved on to music lessons and I want to go back to art lessons.

After they swam and got a bit red because none of them used the sunscreen they had with them (shrug), we said good-bye to Braeden who had plans with Anna.  Adam and Mark and I stopped at McDonalds for a snack.

Mark got a McChuckle, his original creation.


Beforehand, we were assessing the carb count and Adam said, "But you don't eat all the buns, right?"

Mark said, "You don't understand the McChuckle."

And it is sort of hard to understand.

I got an ice cream cone like a normal person.

We went through the car wash and got Joan shined up then thoroughly cleaned inside.  Because we know how to have fun.

Next on the agenda was a drive, so we could listen to Mark's playlist.

Our final destination was Cracker Barrel.


If it seems like the day revolved a lot around food, you would be right.

Just making our 16 year old boy happy.  That's all.

Even though the day started too early and a bit rocky, it was a good day.  When people love Mark, I feel the love too.  Both Grandma Geri and my parents had read my blog post and called to check on Mark.  I was also grateful for Braeden.  He is more fun than most people and it mattered that he joined the swimming party even though he's still fighting the cold he got during the last EFY session he did.  (EFY is not great for your health.)  Adam is always 100% on board to create a good time.

I could start a lemonade stand with these people.  They're good at making lemonade out of lemons.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I want to come to your lemonade stand!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails