Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Adam (and Mark) to the rescue

My purpose in being on the Relief Society meeting committee is to be pushed out of my comfort zone.  That is all.

I got a phone call asking me to teach a 10 minute segment on home organization.  For the girl who preferred sorting and organizing the Legos to building the set, that wasn't a problem.  I love to organize.  (I love the topic more than the act of presenting but still.)

Then I got another phone call a few days later.  This time, I was supposed to make a video to email out and post on Facebook "advertising" our upcoming Relief Society meeting, particularly my segment.  "Make it humorous," she said.

Um.

I felt the familiar dread I feel when I'm confronted with something I don't want to do and feel ill equipped to do.  Adam walked in the door on the heels of the phone call.  I told him my tale of woe and in 20 seconds, he had an idea.  "I don't want to be in the video," I said.

He said OK (although my hand ended up being in it).

And then he called Mark.

They are my knights in shining armor and here is the video they created:



You should know we didn't alter Mark's room in any way for this video.  That's how it looks.  Organization isn't genetic and bedroom doors are there for a reason.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! I love that SO MUCH!! It's perfect. And I'm not even going to put an exclamation point after that because I know Adam thinks I overuse them. And that IS genetic!

Geri said...

Mark is a STAR. I shared with our meeting leader as an example of advertizing.

Mark Dahl said...

I love the video. Wish I could come to the class.

Your mom

Olivia Cobian said...

That is awesome! My boys and I watched the video a few times. What an honor to even be considered for teaching a class on home organization. Nobody will ever ask me to do that...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails