Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

One person makes a difference

actual photo of me at work yesterday morning

Everything that could go wrong, had.  I woke up with a sore back, the upstairs heat is lately working 90% of the time but this was the 10%.  It was 60 degrees in the upstairs hall (luckily we have a fireplace in our room).  Also, Mark slept late and threw off the whole delicate shower balance so I didn't have enough hot water. I was just on the edge of on time and realized I'd forgotten my boots so I headed back home.  Then I was late.

I got behind THE slowest car ever.  I consoled myself that they must be carrying a wedding cake so I needed to be patient.  But really?  A wedding cake at 8:45 AM on a Tuesday?

There were no parking spots.  Of course there weren't.  So I parked on the street on a sheet of ice.  I almost fell, twice.  I was in just enough time to head to traffic duty, too late to stash my stuff in the school and put my lunch in the fridge.  I did traffic duty then headed BACK to my car, back across the duplicitous ice that was trying to kill me to get my stuff.

I decided to skip the icy parking lot and instead trudged through the snowy playground, willing spring to come sooner rather than later.  The previous day I had thought the snow pretty, now I just viewed it as the enemy.

I had finally gotten myself all in order and was heading to 4th grade to help with math.  I met my friend Luz in the hall.  We greeted each other and she stopped in her tracks.  "I love the color of that scarf with the sweater!" she exclaimed.

And just like that I felt better.  (I guess in the photo above, Big Bird is Luz.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails