Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Grateful Thursday

Because I'm not only grateful on Friday.

Yesterday was kind of a wild ride.  My mom's surgery was delayed by hours.  That was frustrating.  The good news is that I was able to have a nice visit with my parents all day.  We were buoyed by texts and silly memes and gifs from my siblings and kids.  Together was a nice way to spend the day (except for the fact that we were in a hospital and my mom was hooked up to IV and prepped for surgery).

Weeks ago, I mistakenly told my mom we had a stake youth fireside last night.  I wished I hadn't told her.  Because my parents were worried all day I was going to miss it.  They kept telling me to go.  Go now, before the traffic gets too bad.

I kept telling them they weren't the boss of me.

After they took my mom to surgery (finally!) my dad was adamant I leave.  I was extremely torn.  I did want to go to the fireside but I didn't want to leave him but I also didn't want to make him feel bad by me staying.

Ugh.

I got in and out of my car a few times in indecision, but I ended up heading back to PG.  I passed a burning inferno that used to be a car at the point of the mountain.  So that was exciting.

The fireside was wonderful and after it, I got back on my phone.  Ammon had filled my place after work and parent teacher conferences for his kids and I was grateful.

The thing that made me most grateful?  My mom went through the surgery with flying colors.  I know she has a recovery ahead of her but this hurdle is over.  I'm so grateful for that.  I'm grateful for my good parents and their steady faith.  I'm grateful for the wonderful unifying feeling of all of us praying together (and sending texts).  It felt like we went through yesterday together and that helped.

I didn't realize how much tension I had been holding in my body all day.  After I got the texts that all was well, I got really shaky and Adam said I was pacing around and needed to sit down.

He said, "It's like you're coming off of something."

I said, "I am.  Adrenaline."

2 comments:

Marianne said...

It was so nice of you to spend the day there. I'm grateful for you and Ammon!

Olivia Cobian said...

What Marianne said.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails