Pages

Friday, January 25, 2019

Grateful Friday

A little girl who only spoke Spanish just started at my school.  Within a span of a week, she has learned to say "Please" and "Thank you" and "OK" and "Yay!"  She is learning the English names of colors and probably a lot of other things too but I'm not around her all day.  I am in awe of her grit as she goes to a school every day where most of the people can't communicate with her.  I'm grateful I get to interact with such a superstar.

I'm also so grateful for the other little ones who have had one foot in each language for awhile and can seamlessly switch between English and Spanish so they can help her and me communicate.

Are these kids here legally?

I couldn't possibly care less.

We have plenty of room and I have plenty of love and Skittles. (I indeterminately give Skittles at any sign of improvement.  And high fives.  And hugs.)

I'm not one to enjoy a political debate and you won't find me engaging in one very often, but I'm going to leave this here:


Also, Adam and Mark and I read this the other night during our scripture reading:

Yea, the Lord hath covenanted this land unto me, and to my children forever, and also all those who should be led out of other countries by the hand of the Lord.  Wherefore, I, Lehi, prophesy according to the workings of the Spirit which is in me, that there shall none come into this land save they shall be brought by the hand of the Lord.
2 Nephi 1:5-6
I say, come on in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails