Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2019

After school with Mark

On my way home, I picked up Mark from school.

We went home and he had a snack because he won't do much until he's had his snack.

We got in the van this time and I drove and he delivered fliers about our Relief Society meeting to houses in our neighborhood.

After the last house, we switched and he drove.  He drove to the high school and we considered good parking spots and routes to take to try to avoid some of the crazy.  (He's going to drive himself to school today since the ice is mostly gone.)

We drove to the gas station so I could fill up the tank one last time before handing that pleasure over to him.  (Well, he filled up the tank but I paid.)

I got him a soda, promised payment for delivering fliers.

I gave him my presentation for Relief Society as he drove us home.  At one point I said I was going to read a quote from a book.  He said, "Give me the gist."  So I did.

When we got home, he said, "Can I just give you one suggestion?  For your presentation?"

"Sure," I said.

"Be more confident," he said.  "You sound all polite and like you're giving them a suggestion.  Tell them how it is!"

The night before, Mark had been telling me about William the Conquerer and The Battle of Hastings. I think Mark would be much better suited for rallying troops for battle than presenting at Relief Society.

We all have our thing.

I'm glad he's mine.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Relief Society might need a Mark telling them how it is.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails