Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

My mom

The last thing my mom wants is extra attention and especially internet attention, but here I go anyway.

My mom is having surgery today.  I feel a mix of worry about her and trust in the Lord that all will be well and wishing it was over already.

I'm going to the hospital to spend the day with my parents and I felt a little dreary after leaving school because I had to explain to everyone why I would be gone and I'd rather just not.

Started by Marianne, all my family is on the Marco Polo bandwagon except me.  I tried but lacked the interest or capacity to figure it out.  The last thing I want to do is send a video of myself and I'd rather read a text than watch a video I guess.  Still, that's the way these people are communicating so I renewed my efforts last night.

I had over 90 videos waiting for me (full disclosure:  I did not watch them all).

I watched the latest one from my mom.  She talked about how much she appreciated everyone's love and concern and in her assured and assuring way, she proclaimed her faith and trust and optimism and just made me feel better like she's been doing for 45+ years.

I'm grateful for that lady!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails