Pages

Friday, January 11, 2019

Grateful Friday

The other day I told Mark, "I've been feeling kind of meh about my job lately."

He said, "That's because it's a meh job.  You're not there for the job.  You're there so you can be a teacher."

And he's right.  Being a teacher's aide is not my end game.  Being patient is not my strong point.

Here's what I'm grateful about.

It seems like every time I start feeling meh about my job, something happens that reminds me how much I like to teach.

Yesterday it was factors and multiples.

I was tasked with reteaching three 4th grade girls about factors and multiples and then venturing on into prime and composite numbers.

They went from saying, "I don't get it," to "Oh, I see!" and "Hey, what if I did this to find all the multiples?"

It is thrilling.

So even when my job feels meh, I'll keep going.

**
*

Another thing I'm grateful for is my Braeden.  Today is his birthday.  He is sunshine personified and the only person I know who would text me a link to Taylor Swift's song 22 at 6:30 AM.

2 comments:

Jen Dahl said...

Mark is wise beyond his years, you’re a great teacher, and I love how you said Braeden was “sunshine personified”.

Olivia Cobian said...

I second everything Jennifer said!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails